Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cacti not producing graphs or creating rrd

yesterday i was installing cacti on my debian 4.0 box, which i normally use for monitoring my network, after the installation and configurations, i realised that cacti was not plotting the graphs for the devices I had added, even status was showing Unknown on all devices.

I checked both snmp and rrdtool, but both were running smoothly, this was a bit strange as even the /usr/share/cacti/site/rra folder was blank, cat /var/log/apache2/error.log resulted in:

localhost_server_traffic_in_18.rrd': No such file or directory ERROR: opening '/usr/share/cacti/site/rra
etc etc.
running the php poller file manually from the shell came back with: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysql_pconnect() in /usr/share/php/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 377.

This was really interesting as i am having phpmyadmin running smmothly without problems, so why does my php seem to break in cacti, on the cacti forum somebody pointed that cacti package depends on php5-cli, i checked and realised i was having php4-cli on my box, apt-get install php5-cli sorted out this, and i have my graphs in Cacti

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Bilge Kaan said...

Hi!!!

Great blog please visit mine:

http://www.genchtakimi.hareketforum.com

I love Africa ;)

Thanks;)

Kaan from Turkey

Please visited 10 seconds

ed pills online said...

Informative article, just what I wanted to find.